Labels

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

STUDIO: R.I.P. Mobile Unit #1, Welcome Unit #2!





Well, it finally had to happen... I had my Toshiba Satellite 2435-R255 for a long time... The first project I did on it was mixing the Decoy record, in 2005 and the last was tracking the Devil Be Gone record a few weeks ago. Best $500 bucks I ever spent. ....R.I.P. my friend.

BEHOLD! Pictured above is the Jakerock Mobile Unit #2, as Dell C630 laptop. Dual 2.2Ghz / 2GB RAM 533mhz buss speed. It is about twice the machine the Toshiba was and was 1/2 the price and is 1/2 the weight. Bought it off a guy on Craigslist in a drug deal style exchange that went down in his SUV at a bus stop in Greenpoint Brooklyn. It was a brief exchange, but included a reboot, and a janky handwritten receipt.

No comments:

Post a Comment